We have all tried many fitness programs and diets before we decide that we need some extra push to achieve what we perceive. I am talking about the best supplements for cutting.
- 1) Best Supplements For Cutting (Weight Loss)
- 1.1) Forskolin for Weight Loss
- 1.2) L-Glutamine for Weight Loss
- 1.3) Best Protein Powder for Weight Loss
- 1.4) Pre Workout Supplements For Weight Loss
- 1.5) Amino Acids Supplements for Weight Loss
- 1.6) Cinnamon Pills for Weight Loss
- 1.7) Conjugated Linoleic Acid Dosage for Weight Loss
- 1.8) Vitamin C For Weight Loss
- 1.9) Vitamin B for Weight Loss
- 1.10) Best Green Tea Extract for Weight Loss
- 1.11) EC-Based Formulas
- 1.12) Fish Oil (Omega-3) for Weight Loss
- 1.13) Yohimbine HCL for Weight Loss
- 2) Natural Energy Supplements For Weight Loss
- 2.1) Garcinia Cambodgia for Energy and Weight Loss
- 2.2) Canephora Robusta for Energy and Weight Loss
- 2.3) Guarana for Energy and Weight Loss
- 3) Appetite Suppressant Supplements
- 3.1) Synephrine HCL - Natural Appetite Suppressant
- 4) Best Metabolism Boosters Aupplements
- 4.1) Alpha Lipoic Acid + Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALA + ALCAR)
- 4.2) Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALA + ALCAR satck)
1) Best Supplements For Weight Loss (Cutting)
- First, your diet needs to be on point. You have to make sure that you're eating clean and nutrition dense food. You need muscle to burn fat people.
- When you're sure your meal plan is optimal, you can then perfect your training. Making sure you're getting to the gym as often as you can, and you're pushing it.
- Also, make sure you're doing cardio (I’ve come to realize that fasted cardio works best for me in the morning) Once you're committed to your training, you're ready for the last piece of the equation: Supplements.
If you have any condition-specific problems, check out with your doctor first if these supplements are appropriate for you.
Here is my list of the best supplements for weight loss I’ve ever researched and tried:
The plant extract is a popular weight loss nutritional supplement. It is included in the thermogenic fat-burners group.
- Dose: 25 mg - 75 mg/day
- Forms to use: ForsLean (Coleus forskohlii)
- Time Taken: 30-40 min before a workout
- Recommended Brands: Cardiovascular Research Ltd.
- Dose: 0.2-0.3 grams per kilogram of body weight
- Forms to use: powder
- Time Taken: Can be taken before, during or after workouts.
- Recommended Brands: BPI Sports
- Dose: as per your daily protein needs
- Forms to use: best to use whey concentrate, isolate or hydrolisate
- Time Taken: anytime, most appropriate after a workout
- Recommended Brands: Optimum Nutrition
Unfortunately, the growth hormone is very expensive. It is thus safer to simulate our bodies to secrete this hormone naturally.
Amino acids capable of this are:
- Controls insulin levels
- Decreases blood sugar
- Speeds metabolism
- Lowers LDL cholesterol
- Helps to burn belly fat
- Suppresses appetite
- Dose: 3 - 4 g/day
- Forms to use: CLA (Conjugated Linolenic Acids)
- Time Taken: with meals
- Recommended Brands: Muscle Pharm
Getting a daily dose of vitamin C not only helps your body function properly, but it could aid in effective weight loss.
Therefore, vitamin C might be beneficial for weight and body fat loss.
One of the B vitamins from this group, Vitamin B12, is used for weight loss. Taking vitamin B12 won't promote weight loss. Instead, it is claimed to give you more energy, but only in cases where you are deficient.
The mere mention of "fat loss" might cue you to throw money at your screen, but let's consider the "catch" first. The fat-burning potential of GTE rests in the realm of 400-500 milligrams of ECGC—the most active catechin—per day. That's about 4-5 cups of strongly brewed tea.
Green tea is also a great source of antioxidants—called catechins—that help support immune function, cardiovascular health, and fat loss.
Ephedrine can be derived from plants such as Ma Huang, Sida Cordifolia, and others.
Caffeine can be derived from Cola nut, tea, guarana, and many other plant sources have caffeine and contain other compounds from the xanthine family.
Are they harmless?
Of course not, and I would never infer they were. However, EC based products are far from
the killers the media and the FDA would have us believe.
People who don’t tolerate stimulants well, people with preexisting medical conditions such as heart disease or any heart irregularities, high blood pressure, or prostate disease, pregnant women, and people taking MAO inhibitors are advised not to use such products.
Fish oil is recommended as a source of these omega-3 fats as they are the cheapest and most common source of them.
Fish oil provides a variety of benefits when supplemented, particularly when the ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in the body is almost equal (1:1).
The average diet (red meat, eggs, and so forth) are high in omega-6 fatty acids, which is why fish oil is recommended (to balance the ratio).
Fish oil works primarily through eicosanoids, which are signalling molecules. A proper ratio of omega 3:6 fatty acids will influence which eicosanoids are released in response to stress.
It should be noted that fish oil can also reduce triglycerides in people with high triglyceride levels. However, it can also increase cholesterol, so care should be taken before supplementing fish oil for this purpose.
When looking at survey research, there appears to be an inverse correlation with dietary fish oil intake and obesity rates (suggesting a protective effect) or no significant relation at all.
When looking at interventions, one study in otherwise healthy lean men has noted that replacing 6g of fatty acids with fish oil for 3 weeks resulted in a fat loss of -0.88+/-0.16 (relative to placebo with -0.3 +/- 0.34kg) which was associated with an increase in fat oxidation but not metabolic rate.
Fish oil may increase fat loss in otherwise lean individuals, but further research is needed to confirm this effect. Do Not Confuse Fish Oil with Alpha-Linolenic Acid (the plant-based omega-3).
I would recommend the following products, as I use them and I know that they do not cause acne or any similar skin problems.
The usual intake of fish oil doses vary depending on the goal of supplementation. For general health, 300 mg of combined EPA and DHA is the minimum dose and can be obtained via fish intake.
The American Heart Association recommends 1 g daily. If the goal of supplementation is to reduce soreness, a 6 g dose, spread over the course of a day, will be effective.
Since fish oil is a combination of two different fatty acids, these numbers reflect a combined total. Total eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) consumption should come from a mix of real food and supplements.
The more EPA and DHA is provided by the diet, the less supplementation is required. Fish oil can be taken throughout the day. To minimize the "fish burp" taste, take fish oil with meals.
Pregnant women should increase their intake of DHA by at least 200 mg a day, as long as there is no risk of elevated mercury levels.
Due to increased amounts of alpha2-adrenergic activity in the thighs of women, antagonism of these receptors was thought to reduce selective adiposity; results with cream are mixed, with one trial coming back positive and the other noted benefit with both forskolin (from Coleus forskolin) and aminophylline but not yohimbine.
Investigated for the ability to selectively induce fat loss in the thighs of women (which express higher levels of the Alpha2-Adrenergic receptor due to estrogen) but results are mixed and confounded with other compounds.
You can buy Yohimbine from everywhere I guess, but my personal choice is iherb.com.
- Primaforce, Yohimbine HCl, 2.5 mg, 90 Veggie Caps
- Natrol, Yohimbe Bark, 500 mg, 90 Capsules
- Twinlab, Yohimbe Fuel, 8.0, Maximum Energy, 100 Capsules
Yohimbine is also an aphrodisiac and can aid erectile dysfunction. It is also a general stimulant.
Yohimbine works by increasing adrenaline levels in the body, as well as inhibiting a regulatory process in fat cells, which normally suppresses fat burning.
The effects of yohimbine are partially negated by food intake, which is why it is often taken in a fasted state.
Yohimbine HCL is a form of fat burner and aphrodisiac. Yohimbine supplement is also known as Yohimbe, Corynanthe Yohimbe, Yohimbe Bark, Pausinystalia Yohimbe. When using Yohimbe supplement as aphrodisiac it goes well with Horny Goat Weed for erections.
Dosages of 0.2mg/kg bodyweight have been successfully used to increase fat burning without significant implications on cardiovascular parameters like heart rate and blood pressure.
This results in a dosage of:
- 14 mg for a 150lb person
- 18 mg for a 200lb person
- 22 mg for a 250lb person
Caution should be exercised at higher body weight, since the cardiovascular system may not be prepared to handle a stimulatory agent such as yohimbine. When supplementing yohimbine for the first time, always start with a half-dose and assess tolerance before proceeding.
When pairing Yohimbe for weight loss with other stimulatory agents, half-dose both supplements and work up to the recommended dose cautiously, as two supplements can interact negatively.
2) Natural Energy Supplements For Weight Loss
It’s hard to find energy pills that work, especially natural supplements for energy that will do the job while supporting your health. However, I’ve tested some and created this list – Natural Energy Supplements for Weight Loss, including all-natural supplements that promote wellness.
The main mechanism of action is the ability of HCA to block the enzyme citric acid lipase that is responsible for the formation of fatty acids - a process that is also called de novo lipogenesis.
How to take garcinia cambogia for maximum weight loss:
- Dose: 500 - 1500 mg of HCA/day
- Forms to use: 70% concentrate of HCA
- Time Taken: 30-60 min prior to meals
- Recommended Brands: Natrol
C. canephora robusta has been shown to help people lose weight. It’s a non-stimulant green coffee bean that has been scientifically researched.
- Proven toning effect on the body and mind;
- Improves mental function;
- Reduces fatigue;
- Stimulates lipolysis (breakdown of fat);
- Increases the volume of the blood vessels;
- Relaxes the flat muscles of the bronchi in the lungs
- Dose: 200-400 mg of caffeine/day
- Forms to use: Guarana Seed Extract
- Time Taken: 30-45 min before a workout or a mental work
- Recommended Brands: Source Naturals
3) Appetite Suppressant Supplements
In addition to decreasing your appetite through hormone regulation, appetite suppressants can help burning more stored body fat for energy (known as thermogenics), improving balance of blood sugar levels, improving thyroid health, curbing cravings for junk foods or sweets, increasing release of “happy hormones” like serotonin, and giving you a bit more energy which can be used for extra physical activity.
Synephrine HCl is a strong appetite suppressor. Its molecule that is similar to Ephedrine (also referred as ephedra diet pills) in mechanism, but less potent.
Commonly referred to as 'bitter orange', 'bitterorange' synephrine appears to be a less potent fat-burner relative to Ephedrine diet pills. It may exert some minor health effects on digestion and circulation.
- P-synephrine is stimulatory
- At this moment in time, p-synephrine does not appear to cause a false positive on a CEDIA amphetamine urine test
- Synephrine suppelment is allowed by WADA, but its metabolite Octopamine is not; supplementation of synephrine does not appear to significantly increase urinary octopamine
- Do not confuse it with Ephedra diet pills
Synephrine HCL is one of my personal choices when it comes to fat loss, diet pills and synephrine as an appetite suppressor.
- A recommended dosage is 10-20 mg, taken thrice a day. Acute dosages of 50 mg are also frequently used, although not thrice a day.
- I personally use 20-30 mg thrice a day.
4) Best Metabolism Boosters Supplements
ALA also has antioxidant properties and thus is important for controlling free radicals. Because it is soluble in both water and fat, ALA is sometimes referred to as the "universal antioxidant".
So here are my top choices which I currently use.
ALA gives a short but potent reduction of oxidation by increasing anti-oxidant enzymes, and may decrease Blood Glucose acutely.
ALA supplement is a form of nootropic (nootropics for weight loss) that goes well with L-Carnitine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine. Be aware that ALA does not go well with - Monocarboxylic acids (Medium chain triglycerides, Benzoic acid) as they can compete for absorption.
Alpha lipoic acid is also called ALA, thioctic acid, 1,2-dithiolane-3-pentanoic acid, ala, Tiolepta Be sure that you do not confuse ala supplement with Alpha-Linolenic Acid (vegan source of omega-3 fatty acid)
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid, despite being a fatty acid, appears to be water soluble in the gut and is absorbed by transporters. Congestion with fatty acids in the diet does not appear to be required
- Can be bound by avidin, and thus congestion with raw egg whites can possibly negate the benefits of supplementation
Standard dosages of Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA supplement) tend to be in the range of 300-600 mg; with little differentiation as to whether the racemic mixture of ALA (S- and R- isomers) or Na-R-ALA results in higher blood levels.
Alpha-lipoic acid appears to be absorbed via transporter-related means, and despite being inherently fat-soluble it does not require dietary fatty acids to be absorbed from the gut.
ALA supplementation can be taken in a fasted state.
Using an ALCAR supplement can increase the rate at which fatty acids are supplied to your cells, leading to increased energy production for both mental and physical activities.
The combination of alpha lipoic acid and acetyl-l-carnitine has a strong weight loss impact on the body. They are related in mechanisms and they are synergists (which means that combining alcar with ALA together is stronger than taking them separately) It is ok to take alcar supplement before bed with ALA supplement.
ALCAR is the perfect supplement for weight loss. If you just start with the supplements thing and you have no idea whether you are tolerant to thermogenic supplements, you may start with the alcar ala combination.
It is perfectly fine to take ALCAR before bed with ALA.
What makes ALCAR special among different forms of L-Carnitine is that it has the ability to cross the Blood Brain Barrier, otherwise known as the BBB.
Many of the ingredients found in dietary supplements today cannot penetrate this filtration system that protects brain tissues from the circulating blood flow. This means they are incapable of enacting real changes to mental performance and brain health.
As I mentioned above, acetyl-l-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid should be taken together as they are strong synergistic supplements.
Adding supplemental sources of the amino acid Acetyl-L-Carnitine to your diet is unlikely to cause problems, but it is important to be aware of the possible side effects before using it. This article will address the safe usage of ALCAR powder or capsules and help to explain how this natural substance works.